A Little Bit of Everything

Thursday, July 12, 2012

It seems like everyone is adjusting well.

According to their new momma, our babies are doing wonderfully. It's really scary how easily they adapt, but they just don't know any different. 

I miss them, but with all that's been going on around here lately, I haven't had too much time to think about the fact that they're not here. 

I am in full blown clean out, reorganize, redo the house mode. Let's call it nesting. 

The funny thing is, I did this right before the babies came. 

But having two extra children in your home for six months will create the need to reclean, reorganize, redo, all over again. 

Brian's brother has been in town for a golf tournament that everyone has been busy keeping up with. (He's the fourteen-year-old who already has made a verbal commitment to OU). 

Of course, the past few days of my painful varicose veins have also kept me pretty occupied and feeling pretty down overall. Being in physical pain has made me realize how much I take my health for granted. 

So, even though the foster babies have been gone for three days now, I still haven't cried. I don't think I'm letting myself think about it too much. I know I'm going to break eventually. I'm sort of just waiting for it. 

On another note, the doppler we had done on my leg today went well. No clots, so that's great news. My leg still has quite a bit of pain, so I'm hoping to hear from my doctor tomorrow with instructions on the best way to keep those veins as healthy as possible through the rest of the pregnancy. 

And on a completely different note, I'm looking for a new kitchen table, and I'm really excited about it. 

Here's to a happy Friday tomorrow....

.....day 335 of a year of writing.....


2 comments:

  1. Allison,
    Thanks for sharing about your foster care experience. My husband and I may go that route once we are done with infertility treatment. When the time comes, would you mind answering some questions for me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I would love to answer some questions for you! It would be an honor! You just let me know when you're ready to chat.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs