Your Honor

Thursday, July 5, 2012

"The babies are great, your Honor." I said it with a sincere smile on my face. I love them and how good they are; how resilient they are.

Today was our first day in court. Unfortunately, we didn't know that we could go to court or that we would even be able to speak to the judge until our babies were assigned a new case worker.

Suddenly we find out that not only are we welcome at court, but encouraged to attend. As it turns out, the judge likes to hear how the children are doing. Who would have thought it?

I obviously can't give you details of our court hearing, but I can tell you that it was a learning experience. After sitting through the first couple of cases, I realized that our situation with the biological parents was worse than I originally thought.

I knew they were bad, but at least all the other cases in front of us made some progress. Our case....no progress. The judge got mad, which I was glad to see. He said his patience was wearing thin and appropriately so.

So, here we are still waiting. And I'm beginning to understand that when the Lord has you wait on something, it's because there is something to be learned through the waiting.

Learning everyday.....

.....day 328 of a year of writing.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs