Perfect Love

Monday, July 9, 2012

The tears fell quietly from my eyes yesterday morning at church. They were the kind of tears that suddenly appear at the brim of eyelid and without warning, silently spill over the edge.

It was like they had been waiting for just the right moment, and as I sang the words,
"Your love never fails; it never gives up; it never runs out on me,"
I couldn't stop them. They flowed over the brim, down my checks, and onto my heart like healing rain.

Through this incredible journey of bringing babies that were not ours into our home to love, He has loved me so perfectly even when my love was far from perfect.

And there were days in this process that I would argue that I didn't deserve a bit of His love.

I did what He asked us to do. But I did it kicking and screaming and throwing a fit at times about how hard it was.

It was hard.

And I won't forget the breaking point. There was a day that I hit the kitchen floor and begged Him to tell me why. Why He would bring such difficulty on us. Why He would lead us into something that was so hard physically and emotionally and spiritually.

And through it all, my bad attitude and my frustration and my anger, He loved me.

It's the only perfect love that exists. And He has loved me through every moment of this journey. Today one adventure ends and another begins.

.....day 332 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs