Distractions

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

There is definitely something big in my mind and in my heart to do.

I love that kind of challenge. 

BUT there are definitely things keeping me from doing it, mostly in the way of distractions. 

I've been thinking a lot lately about living a great life and what that looks like from God's perspective. 

I know that more than anything, He wants us to follow His leadership through the Holy Spirit. He wants us to know Him well enough to know when He's speaking to us and when He's not. 

I really believe He's put a new dream in my heart. It's a dream that I've always had. I think I put it on my list of Things To Do Before I Die when I was twelve. 

It's the kind of dream that has always been nestled in that "one day" file in the back of my head and my heart, but the Lord keeps bringing it up. He has a way of doing that. 

And now, I feel like it's the next thing. But I'm scared and unsure and lacking confidence that I really can do it. 

And I'm extremely distracted. That's the work of the devil, you know? 

Anytime you're on the verge of doing the very thing the Lord has called you to, the devil will attempt to get in the way. His usual tactic is fear, but if he can't scare you, He will distract you. 

And that's sort of where I am....turning my head from the left to the right just to see what's there. 

I'm doing my best to stay true to my Chazown (my written purpose statement for God's will for my life). You can find out more about Chazown at http://www.chazown.com/ or at http://allisondalke.blogspot.com/2011/05/session-1-of-chazown-experience-finding.html

Anyways, that's it. I'm distracted and I know it. 

What about you? Is there something that's distracting you from doing something great? Have you ever really thought about it? 

What is distracting you? And what are your distractions keeping you from doing? 

Just a thought. 

.....day 341 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs