Seriously?

Sunday, July 29, 2012

So, we're in California for a couple days to celebrate our eight year anniversary.

The weather here is a little like I'd imagine it to be in heaven. The mountains here take me even a little closer to my picture of heaven.

Then add the citrus trees and the avocado groves and heaven shows up in California. It's beautiful here in every sense of the word.

Brian and I got lost driving around the hills of De Luz today. Our phones completely lost their signals and we ended up completely lost as a result. But it was fun.

I'm smiling just thinking about it.

We pulled over on the side of the road to steal grapefruits, lemons, and limes (I'm sure that's illegal, but we did it anyway).

We snuck up the driveway (of an abandoned house) to check out a million dollar view. Really. I know that means nothing to you, but I promise to take pictures tomorrow. You have to see this view.

We stopped on the side of the road for directions and met a man originally from Houston who moved out to De Luz just six months ago with his wife. He told us all about the area, and helped us get "unlost" if you will.

But I just keep thinking to myself....seriously? The weather here is incredible. Truly incredible.

I'm loving some California today. Promising to take pictures tomorrow because you really do need to see these views for yourself.

.....day 352 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs