Once Again We're Waiting

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

When I look back at my posts from the beginning of the year, I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of a baby into our home.

I was crazy. I nested like I was pregnant and couldn't wait to welcome a baby into our home, even if it was only temporary. 

Fast forward six months and here I am waiting again. But, this time I'm waiting for the sweet babies that we have in our home to be placed elsewhere. 

I'm waiting to decorate a nursery for our new arrival coming soon. 

I'm waiting for a taste of what it's like to be four again. 

I often wonder if I would be so eager for them to go to their prospective adoptive homes if I weren't pregnant, but I know that this was all part of the plan. They were never meant to be ours. We were just the middle. 

But now I find myself waiting once again. Waiting for what's next for them and for us. 

I'm so thrilled at their potential move because it's exactly what we've prayed for. We wanted this move to be their last if at all possible, and in this situation, that's exactly what it'll be. 

We don't really have any idea when it'll happen. It could be this week or it could be next month. Until then, we'll continue being a family of six. We've gotten pretty good at it really. So good that I'm not scared of being a family of five when our sweet baby boy joins us this fall. 

So, once again we're just waiting. 

.....day 326 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs