And Then It Was a Journal

Saturday, June 30, 2012

I was talking to a good friend while on the beach in the Dominican about blogging. She is really one of my only other friends who blogs. She's been doing it for a long time and has close to 1,000 followers.

And as we were talking it occurred to me that my blog really isn't a blog in the truest sense of a blog. It's more of a journal.



When I committed to writing everyday for a year, there was nothing else it could be.

It has many days been my sounding board, my release, my escape. And through all that, I've learned to heal through my own words on a screen.

When I look back at my teenage years, I was always writing. I always had some kind of journal. I think I have Tupperware's full of old journals up in our attic. Back then, I never thought I'd be comfortable enough with who I am to write so openly for so many people to read.

But here we are. Over 300 days into this adventure, I finally realized that what this is and has been is my journal. My life on a page. The contents of my head and my heart and my soul.

And it's good. I believe it's all good.

.....day 323 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs