When 1st grade is a week away

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

When 1st grade is a week away, you start to realize that your babies grow up no matter how much you wish you could stop time. You know how you look at them and wonder when they got so big? They just keep growing and changing and eventually they turn into little people. 

Addison starts 1st grade a week from tomorrow. I don't know how I feel about that. 

To celebrate our last fews days of summer, we're having a girl's morning with my sister tomorrow.....coffee date and then our toes are getting painted. That sounds like a plan to me, and Addison loves every second of it. 

I took her on my lunch date today. We had a girl's movie night tonight. We watched the Felicity American Girl movie and sent my sister exceptionally long emoji texts. 



And I'm trying to enjoy every second of her last few days of summer as a six year old. Yes, summer will come again, but she'll be a year older and a little bit farther away from me. I can already feel it happening. She is strong willed and independent and she wants to be exactly who she wants to be. I can't blame her. She's an awful lot like someone else I know. 

In these last few days of summer, I'm going in soak in every moment. I'm praying like crazy for her teacher. Whoever she is, I need her to love the littles in her class like she loves her own. I need her to be patient and kind and strong and smart. Aren't those the things we want our children's teachers to be? Teachers are so important. 

I also bought all these books at Mardel today in an attempt to not screw her up completely over the next 12 years. 


So what's our advice? What do you do when 1st grade is a week away? Summer is quickly coming to a close, and I don't think I'm ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs