It's a Boy! Baby Shower 101

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Entertaining can be easy enough if you plan ahead. You know how I love to host (to see some of the other parties we've hosted, click on the Parties label). 

When in doubt, get scrappy, and find someone else who can help you. I cannot design anything digitally, so I sought out a designer on etsy. I found Erin at EThreeDesignStudio, and she made everything so simple and easy. 

Here's how it all turned out...


We ordered the cake and cookies from our favorite local cake girl (who is actually Jacquelyn's neighbor), and it all turned out awesome! I just asked her to match the invitations. 


I found plates and napkins at Target that matched perfectly. I framed the L is for Lincoln printable that I got from the etsy package I purchased, and then I picked up some flowers from our local grocery store and popped them in the blue mason jars. 


These cookies were delicious and precious! 


My sister added fabric strips to the banner I printed. 


These sweet cards also came in the printable package I found on etsy

My sister also personalized the chalkboard with Lincoln's name. 


We served iced coffee, lime water, and green apple soda (because they matched). 

The invitation was a picture file, so I uploaded it to Sincerely Scent, uploaded all the addresses, and sent out the invites. Sincerely Scent made mailing invites out a breeze and they smelled delicious! Contact me for more information. We use Sincerely Scent for everything (Christmas cards, birthday invitations, happy mail, etc!)


I bought the clear cups at shopsweetlulu.com where you can find all kinds of party inspiration. Then I printed these labels onto full label sheets and cut them out with a paper cutter. 



We served homemade cinnamon rolls and had a "make your own" yogurt parfait area. 


Aren't those spoons precious!? 


We had a great turn out. Thank you so much to everyone who came to love on Jacquelyn and baby Lincoln. 








The momma-to-be with the shower hosts. Thanks to everyone who joined us for a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing job! Everything looked so cute! I love that you know your strengths, you are so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was dream to throw a Fairy tale themed baby shower party for my daughter and it was a pleasnt coincidence that I got more related ideas by visiting at http://birthdayplanet.net/parties/show/325-how-to-have-a-fairy-tale-themed-baby-shower

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs