Sweet Whispers

Friday, August 9, 2013

I watch his tiny chubby fingers as he rubs them against his lovey. His eyelids are heavy from the day. He's so busy all day long. Exploring, learning, trying new things. 

But now, in this moment, snuggled up against my chest, he is still. Not busy, not moving, just rocking in his momma's arms. 

My heart beat slows as he calms into my breath. We both relax into each other. The fan gently moves his baby soft hair back and forth, and my soul swells with love. 


Having a 9 month old who is crawling and exploring and busy means being a busy busy momma. And sometimes the days are long, but my time with him as a baby is so short. 

And at the end of the day, as I rock my sweet baby to sleep, I'm overwhelmed by the sweet whispers of the Lord as He reminds me that at the end of a busy day, sometimes all I need is to relax into His arms. 

In the midst of my movement and to do lists and good intentions, He loves me. But I have to slow down and be still and rest in Him to really feel it sometimes. 

I look at my sweet sleeping baby and am reminded that the Lord looks at me the same way. His love for us is overwhelming and it covers us just like our love for our children covers them. 

Thank you Lord for using these precious moments with my loves to remind me of and help me understand your love for me. Thank you for your grace and your sweet whispers. 


1 comment:

  1. This one brought tears to my eyes. I feel the very same way when I'm holding Rylee at night!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs