The story of things

Friday, August 2, 2013

This is a little silly, but tonight we went to a couple's bridal shower in a really beautiful home. 

The shower was held at the groom's aunt and uncle's home. I walked around thinking about all the little things they own and all the things they have collected over the years. It was a beautiful home, and Brian and I talked about how we want to collect things just like they have, but we want to make sure that everything we have has a story. 



I think about all the places we have been blessed to travel to and the few things we have collected, and it makes me happy. I want to be able to tell stories about all the things we have in our home. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not into "things" but I am into stories. And since my memory is so bad, if the things that we collect mean something and tell a story, they will be that much more meaningful in our life story. 


That may all sounds unimportant, but there is something comforting being surrounded by things that you can tell have a story behind them......not just things that were bought to decorate. 



That's all. I just wanted to say, that I want things that I surround myself with to have meaning and value and memory attached to them. From here on out, I'm determined to find something everywhere we go that reminds of that place and that time and that has a story to go with it. 

It's just another thing I want to remember.....

1 comment:

  1. Joel and I want the same things! Memories... It's like a capsule for the trip. Every time you see it, it takes you back to that adventure. Beautiful photos! Really makes me want to get serious about finally decorating our home - starting our story. XO.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs