My Attempts at Playing Catch Up

Wednesday, October 5, 2011


Let me be 100% honest tonight. I really have no desire to write tonight or anything brilliant to say. (Not that I always have something brilliant to say, but just go with me, okay?) I know you're super excited to read something written from someone who didn't want to write in the first place, but remember, I have this challenge....I'm writing every day for a year....even when I don't feel like it.

I guess I didn't have to tell you that I don't want to write, but I'm just being honest.

I'm tired and really just want to mentally check out tonight (which I have found that I very rarely do anymore.)

I will say though, that my day has been very productive. My emails went from the usual "displaying 1 of hundreds!" down to a very manageable 61 total! That's huge for me, people. I get more emails in a day than I can usually respond to, because I don't sit at my computer all day to answer everyone else's questions.

There were emails in my inbox from over a year ago.....yup.....ones that I never responded to....I'm a horrible person. That is beyond awful! I just deleted those. How do you respond after over a year? "I'm sorry, I was doing things more important than your question for a year?!"

Ehhhhh. Just delete them. I'm going to tackle the last 60 tomorrow and am feeling super great about that. Then I'm vowing to never let that happen again!....hundreds is not an acceptable amount of emails for an inbox.

I am also attempting to catch up on this summer's season of So You Think You Can Dance. I have it all recorded and am officially through half of an episode. At this rate, I may be finished by Christmas.

What can I say? I just don't watch TV.

Today I also tackled my role as the women's community leader at our church and connected with our newest life group leaders. That was also long overdue.

Oh and something fun now! Since I know you've been bored sick up to this point.....Look what I (okay, I mean my assistant) made for my team meeting next Saturday! (Yes, I have an assistant. I don't think we've ever talked about it. When I quit my teaching job, I didn't do it so I could work 40+ hours a week-which is what it would take to keep our business flowing and growing-so I have the most amazing assistant that works about 20 hours a week for me......there! I feel better about that confession.)


They're the cutest little Halloween themed s'more packages! Don't you LOVE them? Yeah Pinterest!

Then she also made these awesome goal boards that will be door prizes at my team meeting next Saturday. It's just scrapbook paper and a scrapbook paper display frame with dry erase marker to write on it. These are great downline gifts for anyone in direct sales OR they make great menu boards or message boards for anyone at all! So easy!


What else?

My sister and I ran this morning at 6:00 a.m. That's always fun....not the getting up part, but the hanging out with my sister part.

And Saturday is her 25th birthday and we're going wedding dress shopping! How fun!

Well, I think that's enough of my boring day. I know you didn't care in the first place, but if you got this far, I guess you're still reading, huh? : )

I'm off to eat a little ice cream out of the carton and snuggle with my hubby on the couch. Don't judge me. I know you eat ice cream out of the carton sometimes, too. It's healthier that way. I'm sure of it.

.....day 54 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs