It's Okay

Thursday, October 13, 2011


It's okay that my kids are both sleeping in  my bed tonight, right? I'm not sure how I'm going to get them sleeping in their own beds when their daddy comes home, but that'll come when it comes. I guess today I'm more worried about today.

I guess that also means it's okay that I was one of those crappy party hostesses today. I totally had a party that only two people showed up at. And my kids were there. And they whined half the time. I was like a nightmare hostess basically. I'll pull together orders and make up for it, but what I mess I am! It was fun though, and I have a long list of clothes that I want, and great ideas for Christmas presents (more about that another day).

It's okay that I'm tried and worn out and uninspired, right? I mean, really, this single parent thing is not easy. I actually am getting a lot done, and I know exactly what's expected of me because there is no one to share the duties with, but it's not fun. More than anything I just miss the presence of my husband and my friend. I love that I miss him.

And I guess it's okay that I'm dreading our upcoming overbooked weekend. A team meeting Saturday morning, then soccer pictures and a soccer game, and then to my nieces' birthday party in Yukon! Oh my! And to top it off, I'll still be all alone. Then we have church on Sunday and a new business launch party for a new consultant on Sunday. What a weekend.

And lastly, I guess it's okay that I have uninspired and boring days. Really my days have been great, but I don't know how to express that at the end of the day when I'm tired I simply want a hug. I'm tired by the end of the day, but not tired enough to fall asleep with normal tiredness, so I stay up watching a movie (which I never do) or reading until I'm so tired that I can't stay awake anymore.

Sorry about the blah post. I guess it's okay that I'm normal. Right now, I'm just getting through my hubby being gone one day at a time.

Oh, and since I forgot to announce our winner for the Sunday 7 giveaway yesterday, the winner is: Mandi @ Finding Home ! Yeah! Mandi, email me your address, and I'll send you your new Jane warmer and the perfect fall scent mix: Sugar Cookie, Clove and Cinnamon, and Pumpkin Roll. 

Tomorrow is going to be a great day. I know it. I think the kids and I are taking off to a Pumpkin Patch and a day of fun. Why not? 

.....day 62 of a year of writing.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl...I understand those moments you are going through. My husband often works out of town. He's sometimes gone for three months at a time (home on the weekends) but it can just be so darn hard. Praying that your man comes home soon and life can get back to normal for ya'll. Hang in there girl.

    And I'm SOOOOO excited to be the winner! You have no idea! My heart just leapt! This honestly made my day!! Thank you!! And silly question...what's your email addy? I couldn't find it on your blog...I'm sure it's in an obvious place but I haven't yet had my coffee so...ya know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs