It's Never Too Late....

Wednesday, October 26, 2011


It's become my new mantra....

It's never too late to start the day over...

I think as a momma of small kids, it's necessary to understand that you can start over at any point in the day. And you can start over as many times as you choose to. 

In the middle of a two-year-old meltdown, sometimes I have to start over. In the middle of a four-year-oldf it, sometimes, I have to start over. 

It never occurred to me until recently. I don't know why. But I read those words somewhere....

It's never too late to start the day over.....

And they stuck. And now I'm reminding myself daily that I can start over at any point in the day, at any point in an argument, at any point in a conversation and change the way I'm reacting. I can be in control of my own emotions. I just have to remind myself that I do have the power to start over at any point. 

It's refreshing to think about. I find myself starting my day over numerous times throughout the day. If my mood's turned sour or discouraged, I just start the day over. If I've reacted in a way that I wish I hadn't to one of my kids, I just start the day over. 

I used to think I had to wait until the next day to have a better day, but that's not true at all. You can start over right now if you want to. 

Speaking of starting over....someone e-mailed me this video today, and I think it's more than appropriate for today's post. Get your tissues ready. It's the ultimate story of starting over. 

Just remember.....you don't have to start over tomorrow. It's never too late to start over today. 


.....day 75 of a year of writing.....

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! I love it. We all could use this mantra daily =)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs