The Sunday 7

Sunday, October 30, 2011


I was going to skip this week's edition of the Sunday 7, but when I sat down to write something else, I just couldn't do it.

Sunday screams intention to me. Using Sunday to prioritize my week is what makes my life work most of the time. When my planner doesn't get filled in on Sunday, I'm like a little lost puppy. I don't know where I'm going, what I'm doing, or what the heck I'm supposed to eat. It's slightly pathetic, but it's true.

Sunday is what takes me from chaos to peace. Sitting down to do the Sunday 7 every week is what reminds me that there is more to my life than "work" and that I have to chisel out time for all the things that make me happy, keep me healthy, and fill me up.



This week though, I'm switching it up a little bit. In addition to typing out the 7 most important areas in my life and the 7 things that I need to ensure get accomplished in that week, I'm also going to write down a copy of the 7 things I've committed to each week to add to my paper planner.



If you're new to the Sunday 7, click here to find out what it's all about.

Here are my Sunday 7 for this week.


  1. Faith: Read my Bible everyday. The bold, italics, and underlining are for my personal emphasis. I'm serious this week. It's one thing I've let slip for a few weeks, and I feel the effects of it in my life. I have to get back into God's Word, and it starts tomorrow morning. 
  2. Family: Field trip to the zoo with the kiddos this week! And quality time with my hubby at least three nights this week. That means that once Brian gets home, no computer for me and no phone for him. Just us hanging out. Simple but good. 
  3. Relationships: {This week this area is going to be focused on women's life groups at our church.} Plan a dinner in November for our current Women's Life Group leaders. Get a Pinterest/Craft night on the calendar for the women at our church {early December}. Also on a personal note, email friends about our Christmas party/silent auction. 
  4. Work {Scentsy}: Start a Monday Morning Motivation conference with my top leaders. Set up video shoots for our New Director Training program, and connect with new directors who promoted in October. And finally, record a YouTube video that discusses what to do when your team is growing in numbers but shrinking in sales volume. 
  5. Health and Fitness: Run at least 2x this week. Work out at Barre 3 at least 2x this week. Cook dinner at home at least 3x this week. Drink lots of water! 
  6. Finances:  Finalize our business and personal budget through the end of November. Hold budget meeting with Brian to discuss budget. Take out cash for cash envelopes. Attempt to get an organization system set up for couponing. 
  7. Downtime: Don't leave this one out! I know it seems selfish, but it's essential! You can't do it all if you don't leave time for your sanity. This week I'm planning on at least ONE bubble bath, reading before bed every night, and a little fun on Pinterest
There you have it. My Sunday 7. You know I have to ask.....what are you doing this week? 

.....day 79 of a year of writing.....


1 comment:

  1. I used that cash envelope system template too! Gotta love Pinterest. :)

    Great talking to you today!! So excited about Scentsy!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs