From My Phone, Slightly Defeated

Monday, October 17, 2011

At this point in the night, there is a very real chance that I will not have the chance to sit in front of a computer. So please excuse my thumbs as I type.

Yesterday I was feeling quite confident going into my last four days as a single parent, but tonight is a very different story.

Defeated would be a much better adjective for the way I feel tonight.

It's 10:14 p.m. as I write this and while it appeared that my children would be in bed and asleep by 8:30, that turned into wishful thinking.

Both of my kids have an awful cough. Addison coughed so much tonight that she gagged and threw up. That's fun, huh?

Into the shower she went. Out of my bed came Luke (who had not yet fallen asleep). He almost gagged at the sight of Addy's puke. Come on, now!

And then he decides to take full advantage of the situation and turn into a holy terror.

I get Addy back in bed only to chase Luke around the house. (It was not my smartest move.) When I realized what I was doing, I started to ignore him completely instead. (I know...great parenting skills at work here.)

Then he started poking me with his foam sword. And he wouldn't stop poking me with his foam sword. I do know that he's two and that I'm an adult, but it may have slipped my mind for a second.

I ripped that sword out of his hands and threw it across the room. He was screaming for marshmallows and his sword (like I'm giving a two year old marshmallows at 9:45!) and I was telling him to get in bed.

Before I knew it, I had scooped him up, carried him to his bed, and slammed the door shut. (He was incredibly close to pushing me over the edge into the pit of not so nice mommy land.)

After I landed defeated on the stairs (that means I had a small pity party), he creeped down to make amends, and we compromised on juice and snuggles in momma's bed. There was also a truce about the sword. No more hitting momma with the sword.

And now, I know I need more adult interaction and a conversation with someone who is older than five.

We really are not meant to do this alone. All my single friends out there, may God carry you!

Counting down the days {3 more!} until my hubby comes home.

Tired and defeated, that was day 66 of a year of writing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Allison! I always say that moms of more than one kiddo are my hero's. I have no idea how they do it. Take it one day at a time. You're a great mom!! Life will get back to normal soon. I always hate it when my husband is away. He goes away sometimes for months at a time for work. Being a single parent is so hard!! Hopefull your man gets home soon!

    And, I hate to bug but was just wondering if I could get your email addy so I could message you my address for the Scentsy giveaway. I can't seem to find it on your blog. Thanks so much girl and I hope today is just one heck of an awesome day for you and your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Allison! I have SO been there! I have been to that place where I am so exhausted withLuke that I feel quite psycho. Literally! I know God will wake you up this morning with new mercies! So grab onto them! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there girl;) the three times my babes have been to the ER was when A was out of town ( really??) anxiety nervous nelly me did ok;) you'll be just fine!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs