Missing Him

Tuesday, October 18, 2011


We are so very close to the end of our two weeks with daddy gone, and I am looking forward to him walking in the door.

Those of you with husbands who travel a lot or those of you who are single moms, I really don't know how you do it. Raising kids on your own is not an easy task.

Even though I dread this two week hunting trip that I let my husband go on every year (because I'm the best wife in the world), I also look forward to it in a strange way.

It reminds me so sharply of how much I love my husband, and these days there is something to be said for that. I take what we have for granted far too often. His absence reminds me dearly of those days early in our relationship when I couldn't stand to be away from him. I'm not sure what that feeling was then. It was partly that he was hot and partly that I was crazy about him.

Today he's still hot, but the reasons I can't stand to be away from him have changed in the best of ways. He is my best friend, and I miss his presence when he's gone. He is the spiritual leader of our household, and I miss his faith when he's not here. He is my nemesis in the best possible way. We are night and day. Two completely different souls who God brought together to do great things.

He's a thinker and a dreamer. I'm a realist and a control freak. He's passionate and stubborn, and so am I. When we first got married, we fought like cats and dogs! It's amazing that we're still married. There were screaming fights. Eventually we realized that we both can't always be right, even though we both want to be.

He is the best daddy I know. He is the best supporter I know. And he is the best provider I know.

His absence makes me grateful for even the things that drive me crazy about him. We are no where near perfect, but we are one.

So babe, I guess this one was for you. I love you. I miss you. And I can't wait for you to be home.

Praying that each of you loves your significant other in spite of it all too......

.....day 67 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs