A Different Sunday

Sunday, October 16, 2011


Usually Sunday means it's time for The Sunday 7 and it is time for the Sunday 7! I expect all of you to be happily planning away your week right now! : )

But today is a different Sunday. My husband has been gone since last Friday, so over a week now, and he won't be home until this coming Friday. And today I feel like I have come so far. Let me explain...

Last year he went on this same hunting trip. Two weeks in Colorado of fishing and elk hunting while I'm here to run our business and our household.

Last year was not fun. I was anxious and worried the entire time he was gone. There was always a stupid and irrational fear running through my head. So, to cope, I had at least a glass of wine every night.

I know. Not the best idea. But I didn't want to worry, so that's what I did.

This year has been so different. I wish I could explain to you the peace that I have. There have been times when I've let fear peek it's little head in, but as quickly as it can look in, I can elbow it out.

I haven't been alone. The relationship that I have built with Christ in the past year has brought me more comfort than I could ever wish to have.

I have to contribute so much of that to Ms. Ellie Kate. To read about how a little girl changed my view of the world and who I thought God was, click here. My whole idea about who God is and was has drastically changed in the past year. I quit knowing about Him and started knowing Him.

I sought Him, and He responded. I questioned with anger, challenged, and attempted to run from Him, and no matter what I did, He pursued me. Did you know that He will pursue you too? He already is? Whether you want Him to or not, the God of the universe wants a relationship with you.

He doesn't want you to know about Him, He wants you to know Him. He is relational, and He loves you.

I knew that. I knew it my entire life. But I didn't know Him. I had no idea that He would pursue me through a five year old little girl whose smile would change my life, and you probably have no idea how He will eventually get to you. But if you'll open your heart to Him, you'll find that He's seeking you.

I realize this is a rather personal post about what I believe, but it's just like the story of Peter in Acts Chapter 5 where we are told that even after being in prison and being tortured and warned to not speak the name of Jesus, the Apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the Good News that Jesus is the Messiah.

When you are changed by a love that is unexplainable through Christ, you can't shut your mouth about it or about Him. I prayed for that! I wanted to be on fire for God for years, but I could never muster the passion to do it. I knew of Him, but I didn't know Him. The more I questioned and sought Him, the more I learned about Him and how He loves us.

This week has felt like triumph to me. I have found peace in the arms of the Lord in the most tangible way possible. I have been comforted in times of doubt by His peace....a peace that the Bible says "transcends all understanding."

So today had to be a different Sunday. It had to be a Sunday of rejoicing. I thought this would be the perfect time for another memory verse. I'm hiding another scripture in my heart (right where it belongs). To join us in scripture memorization, simply comment below with the scripture of truth that you're going to hide in your heart this week.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

 Happy Sunday! Don't forget to plan your week out! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you!

.....day 65 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs