Still in the Woods....Dreaming of What the Year Will Hold

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Just for the record, I am not coming "out of the woods" yet (just so you know).

I'm still here. Staying up extra late. Reading fiction books. Ignoring my planner. Organizing my pantry and cleaning out my refrigerator...yes, that's my idea of fun.

Oh, and of course, I'm dreaming about this year.

It's fun to have the entire year ahead of you, all 364 days of it. Or is it still 365? Is this a leap year? I can't remember, but seem to vaguely think it might be, and since I'm still "in the woods" and separated from my planner, I'm not sure.

Anyway.....moving on.

I love the dreaming that comes along with New Year's Day.

What will the year hold?

What do you want it to hold?

I'm not much for New Year's Resolutions. Mostly because I know I'll change my mind by next week, and then I'll just feel like a failure.

So, instead of New Year's Resolutions, I opt for goals and seeking God.

Lifechurch.tv starts every year with a twenty-one day fast.

Last year, Brian and I cheated a little bit by doing our fast during the first twenty-one days of December. We knew we were going on Scentsy's leadership cruise in January, and we didn't want to be fasting during it.

This year we are once again going on Scentsy's leadership retreat (to Mexico!) but instead of doing the fast early, we decided to do it with the church (and on the retreat) this year.

Honestly, yesterday I was dreading every minute of it, but now I'm really excited about the fast. I have lots more details about the fast for you later this week, but if you want to know more now, you can go to: http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch/remember/2 or http://www.jentezenfranklin.org/fasting/ to learn more about why we fast. Brian and I are doing a twenty-one day Daniel's Fast

Anyway (again) back to the year ahead of us.

I haven't landed on any clear cut goals for the year yet (my plan is to set my goals in stone after seeking God over the next 21 days during Daniel's fast), but I am dreaming about all the things I want to do this year. Here are just a few:

  • Run another 1/2 marathon (just signed up!) April 29th....whooooo hoooo!
  • Read the Bible in a year (for all types of bible reading plans go to youversion.com and find the one that's right for you)
  • Be less uptight
  • Stop being late (don't gasp - it's possible)
  • Work hard - but play harder
  • Drink more water
  • Learn to go with the flow
  • Give more
  • Love more
  • Do more (and I don't mean busy tasks, I mean meaningful ones)
  • Memorize a scripture a week
  • Redesign my blog....or have someone else do it for me
  • Seek God
  • Seek God
  • Seek God
  • Make more photo books
  • Cook more
  • Read for fun
  • Give myself a break every once in a while
  • Snuggle
  • Watch movies
  • Stay up late
  • Get up early (but not back to back)
  • Appreciate others
  • Learn more about photography
  • Take a class
  • Learn something
  • Do something
  • Be someone
  • Live by faith and not by circumstance
  • Date my husband
  • Play with my kids
  • Sing (only in the shower or in the car, of course)
  • Dance
  • Play in the rain
  • Sleep in a hammock
  • Pray
  • Pray
  • Pray
  • Be obedient (not to my daily agenda but to whatever it is that God will ask me to do this year)

What about you? Are you dreaming of what this year may hold?

.....day 142 of a year of writing.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs