Oh, So Late Tonight

Tuesday, February 14, 2012


Well, it's the eve of Valentine's Day and I'm still up. Part of it is due to me wanting to be Super Mom. (You know she never sleeps right?) And part of it is that we're still adjusting to having four kiddos.

The day to day is pretty easy, but there is a lot more that goes into four. Right now, three of the four have awful colds complete with coughs and sore throats. (The only reason it's not an even four` is because one of them is on an antibiotic.)

I have been to Walmart or Target three of the past four days simply because we keep running out of things.

I have bought more diapers than I ever thought possible in a week's time frame, and I am officially stocked up on children's Tylenol, Motrin, and teething tablets.

But, all is really well.

The babies went to day care today for the first time since they've been with us. It's a strange thing to drop kids off at day care simply because I've never done it, and if I had a choice, I would go for a Mother's Day Out program like Luke is in, but DHS won't pay for it.

Luckily, thanks to the referral of a friend, I found an incredible day care that I am crazy about. (I actually would have taken my kiddos there!) and my kids actually love it. They hung out a little bit today while I got all the paperwork finished up.

I know it's His grace reigning over us again and again in multiple situations as things fall into place for our non-traditional family.

I still have a lot of emotions and thoughts running through my head when I get the chance to actually think. All of which I'm sure you'll hear about in the weeks to come, but tonight I'm simply too tired.

Tomorrow is a big day. Lots of Valentine's Day parties, lots of gifts, and a meeting with the mom and dad of our babies. What a day it will be. I am once again so incredibly grateful that my Bible study girls will swarm in this house tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. to put my soul at rest, because I know tomorrow is sure to be a day of emotion for me.

I've been asking the Lord all day to simply prepare my heart for meeting their parents. I'm scared, nervous, and worried about how I'll react. I don't think the situation can get worse...hopefully, the Lord will use us to help make it better for everyone.

I'm sure you'll hear all about it tomorrow.


.....day 185 of a year of writing.....


1 comment:

  1. Praying for your strength as you meet with the parents. May God give you the peace that passes all understanding and strength unimaginable.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs