We're Adjusting

Sunday, February 5, 2012


I don't know how else to explain it other than to say, we're adjusting.

Last night we took in our first set of foster babies.  Yes, I said babies. There are two of them. A one year old and an almost two year old. They are precious. Wonderful kids.

They call anyone who will play with them Mama or Daddy, which breaks my heart. They go to anyone, and they love my kids.

We are stocked up. I am so incredibly grateful for some of our great friends who brought bags of clothes over for these sweet babies. I have done loads and loads of laundry.



We have diapers in three sizes now. And lots of them.


We have shoes now....and lots of them. Thanks to our sweet friends.


We also, by the grace of God, already had two extra car seats. What a blessing!


We also have a toddler bed waiting to be put together that their aunt brought over.


So, we're adjusting. So far, so good. My kids are both adjusting well. Addison is a natural momma and loves helping with the babies. She can't remember their names and asked us last night if she could just call the girl "flower" because she can't remember her name. I laughed. She refers to her as "that girl" or "flower" now.

She also asked me if they were going to go home tomorrow. I said, "No, baby, they are going to live with us for a while." To which she responded, "Oh good!" I hope she doesn't change her mind.

I'm good. Honestly, there is so much going through my head, but I'm not taking myself too seriously. I know the Lord has called us to do this, and I know He alone will give us the peace and patience and grace to make it happen.

It's going to take some adjustment, some effort, and a lot of grace.

Thank you for your continued prayers and your continued support. Right now, we're going one day at a time.

.....day 176 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs