Making a Mess

Monday, February 13, 2012


I should be catching up on all the work I didn't do last week, but I'm not! I'm playing! And I'm loving every second of it.

This is what I love.....being creative, making a mess, running out of things only to have to go out tomorrow to get more. It's making me happy.

I should be heading to bed, but instead, here I sit...telling you about my day. It's comforting in a strange way to re-live the happenings of the day...the things I probably wouldn't remember tomorrow.

Tonight Addy was my night owl. She stayed up tonight and helped me work on all the fun Valentine's Day gifts we're making for their friends and teachers at school.

I decided to try the multi-colored crayons that I saw on Pinterest here.





We had fun peeling the crayons and filling up the molds. We can't wait to see what they look like when they pop out tomorrow!


I also started melting Scentsy bars and pouring them into those same cute heart molds for all of the teachers at Addy and Luke's schools. 1 bar completely fills one heart. It worked out perfectly. 




And we worked on more of our S'more Valentine's Day gifts. I eventually ran out of marshmallows, so we'll have to finish those tomorrow.


Believe it or not, being amidst this mess makes me happy. Creating and playing and making a mess is good every once in a while. Tomorrow I'll tell you more serious stuff, like how God is showing off right now in the little things, how we're physically feeling your prayers, how people are bringing us food, and how next week, we'll be subject to a whole new range of emotions as we meet the parents of our foster babies for the first time.

But, tonight was all about messy fun. It's snowing outside, and I just had to get in my kitchen, melt some wax, and decompress a little bit.

Hoping your weekend was equally as relaxing.

.....day 184 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs