A Couch Filled With Peace

Monday, February 20, 2012


For the first time since the babies moved in, I'm feeling like I've got this down.

Since we went from a family of four to a family of six, our world has sort of been flipped upside down. I don't even know what to compare it to honestly. It's been somewhat of a roller coaster on all accounts: physically, emotionally, even spiritually.

But today everything seems to be piecing together. I know it's just one day, but hey, it's one day! The laundry is done, dinner has been made everyday for the past week and we're all pretty happy.

Things are far from that "white picket fence" kind of perfect, but hey, I'm not expecting that. Peace is what we're going for, not perfection.

We're getting into our routines. It may sound crazy, but having four babies is not as hard as I once thought. It has made two seem easy, that's for sure. We're into system mode around here. Everything is scheduled and has to be. And it works somehow.

I am happy to report that I have actually made it to church with four babies, all fed, dressed, and with shoes ON TIME for two weeks in a row. I was actually early this week! I was never even on time when it was just two kids.

I know that even telling you that things are going well is probably a like a welcome sign for me to have a rough day tomorrow. But it's interesting how important perspective is. I'm not really sure how you can be happy without finding the glass half full.

Now, let's be clear...there are tons of things I need to catch up on. I am about a week behind on work, and now we have physical therapy sessions for the baby and weekly family counseling session/visits for both babies that we don't have to be at but we're choosing to be a part of. I'm definitely not in the fast lane to catch up anytime soon, but I'm okay with where I am. It'll all happen eventually.

We're probably not getting enough sleep....okay, we're definitely not getting enough sleep, and we're all a little under the weather unfortunately.

But overall, where we are is good. It's full of routine and diapers and lots of driving around, but it's good. It's life and love and fun and it's all working out nicely.

Thank you, thank you for your prayers. I know I've told you this before, but we can literally feel them. It's a very cool thing.

Saying goodnight from a couch filled with peace tonight......

.....day 192 of a year of writing.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs