Write

Tuesday, December 13, 2011


When I log into blogger everyday to write a post, I have to click on this little orange pencil shaped button. I guess it's like the equivalent to picking up a pencil. I'm not sure, but I guess it's close.

The only difference is everyday when I come here to write, I'm not just writing for myself. I'm writing words that other people will read.

Occasionally, that gets daunting.

What will I say? Who the heck will care? What will people think about who I really am?

And the amazing thing is, over the past 100+ days of this journey of writing every day for a year, I have discovered that you like me best when I write to you like I would write to my best friend.

It's not always politically correct or even thought out. It's more often than not, simply the words that are laying on my heart.

And I have to thank you for that.

Thank you for loving what's real even when it's not pretty.

Thank you for appreciating truth even when it's hard to hear.

And thank you for walking this journey with me.....this journey of growing closer to God and the call He has on my life.

This blog was created when I first started listening to Him. When I first became aware that He had something to say to me.

One of the first things He told me to do was write. Then He told me to write everyday. That turned into A Post a Day in March, April, and May. I thought I was officially crazy. I really doubted whether or not I could do it. Everyday?

But I did it. And it changed me.

Oh, and it challenged me. Those of you who have been around since the beginning will remember this: Clearing Things Up. Almost immediately my faith was challenged. But, oh, what a journey that was!

And when I stopped writing after that three months, I missed it.

Before I knew it I was committing to writing every day for a year.

And now here we are, 123 days into that year, and I can't help but think about all the things He's put before us. All the changes He's made in our lives.

And I just want to thank you. So sincerely.

Thank you for letting me be exactly who I am in these words.

I never feel like I have to hide what I really feel or change the way I think about things. You take me as I am...imperfect, full of faults, starting over everyday.....and you love me anyway.

Your words of encouragement, your Facebook posts and messages, are just what I need sometimes to keep doing this.

I can't help but grin from ear to ear when I read that one (or more) of you were touched or moved or convicted by something I wrote here.

Our God is so very good. He uses everyday people like me and you to build each other up and make us even greater for His kingdom.

Thank you for allowing me to live my life just as it comes right here on this page. You are a true blessing to me.

Thank you for letting me Write.

.....day 123 of a year of writing.....

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs