On This Day

Sunday, December 25, 2011


My sink is full of dirty dishes. I feel like there may be the need to make a pathway for walking through our living room soon. (I'd hate for someone to trip over the abundance of toys!)

Christmas tonight included tears (not the good kind), hugs, uncontrollable laughter, chasing, more laughing, fajitas, and even a bloody nose.

The details don't really matter. What matters is that we managed to survive another Christmas.

I realize that survival may sound harsh for describing the Christmas season, but with all the family events we attempt to make it to every year, survival is the word for it.

Despite the traveling and the late nights and all the attempts at scheduling everything to make it work out perfectly, I wouldn't trade a moment of it.

Family is what Christmas is about.

And amidst all the crazy and the hustle and bustle of the past few days, I am overcome with joy that today was the day of our Savior's birth.

When I look back at the person I was a year ago today, I can honestly say that Jesus probably crossed my mind maybe a few times on Christmas day last year.

And today I can't help but be grateful beyond words or measure at how far He has brought me. The joy. The peace. The words He has given me in the midst of all circumstances, make me want to fall to my knees in worship of Him.

That sweet, sweet baby. Born in a manger. Sent to Earth to live a sinless life and die on the cross in an attempt to get me to understand how much He loves me. Yes, me. The sinner, the unworthy, the mistake maker. Me.

On this day, my Savior was born. And because of Him peace abounds.

.....day 135 of a year of writing.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs