At some point, we all break

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It's been almost 2 weeks since I found out about my BRCA 1 and 2 mutation. (I'll be honest. I don't know if I should call it a mutation or a diagnosis or the "you don't have cancer yet, but you probably will someday" gene).

Whatever you want to call it, today was the day I broke. No reason. No warning. Just a breaking point. 

Brian kept telling me I didn't have to be strong all the time and that I didn't have to be brave for everyone else. 

And it wasn't that I was hiding anything or holding emotions back before today, they just weren't there. I didn't really feel anything.

And suddenly today, I felt everything at once. And I broke. 

I don't know why. But it happened. And I cried and cried and cried and promised Brian that I wouldn't complain about it all the time but that I wanted to complain today. 

I'm grateful for the knowledge. I truly am. But tonight, I don't want to make the decisions or be faced with the consequences of being BRCA 1 and 2 positive. 

That's just the honest truth. 

I guess I just wanted to say that everyone breaks. And we're not always as strong as we appear. And that's okay. 

And I'm okay. I don't want you to think I'm not. I just needed a moment to be honest and real. But from here on out, no more complaining or crying, just doing. Doing something for my family and my future that will matter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs