To be encouraged

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Looking back on last Wednesday is a blur. We were preparing to leave for a 10 day trip to Boise and then Pittsburgh. We were excited to head to Velata's 1st convention. 

The day before we leave for a trip is always crazy busy and surrounded by packing and prepping and planning. 

Brian spent the day outside doing the yard work and cleaning out the chicken coop while I spent the day meeting and chatting with a couple team members, delivering Scentsy basket parties, and dropping off our final documents to our foster care agency

I am so incredibly blessed by the women on my team. I was able to sit across the table from a team member on Wednesday for our monthly chat and the first words out of her mouth were, "so how are you? Tell me about you?" 

She genuinely wanted to know about my diagnosis and everything that's happened in the past week since I got the news that I was BRCA 1 and 2 positive. She is a Christ follower who believes (just like I do) that the Lord has a beautiful story to tell through each of our lives, and this diagnosis is just part of my story. I couldn't agree with her more.

I have no doubt that the Lord will be glorified through all of this. I'm honestly looking forward to our time away. I'm looking forward to thinking, praying, reading, and researching, and to some much needed time with friends. I will miss my babies terribly, but I'm grateful for this brief moment that I'll get to think. 

And I am very grateful for the strong women of faith that the Lord has placed in my life for such a time as this. 

What a joyous thing it is to have someone to encourage you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs