Leaving a Legacy...More BRCA 1 and 2 talk

Thursday, September 4, 2014

We spent most of the day traveling, on our way to Boise for the very 1st Velata convention. But before we left town, we had my sister drop us off at our foster care agency to sign our papers and submit our home study! That means that we could have a placement by the end of the month! We're excited and anxious and ready to see how the Lord will use us in the life of a baby that we don't know yet or that possibly hasn't even been born. Will you join us in praying over the baby the Lord is planning on placing in our home? 

After signing our papers, my sister took us directly to the airport to head out of town. I didn't sleep much since I spent most of the night packing (as usual), but I wanted to use my time on the plane to start researching my options concerning my BRCA 1 and 2 mutation. 

I spent the majority of both plane rides reading through Previvors. It's an incredible book written specifically for women facing a genetic mutation and increased risks of breast or ovarian cancer. 



Last night, I read these words, and decided they were going to have to be my mantra: 
Some people say our high risk for breast cancer (and in my case, ovarian cancer) and the way we tackle that risk is the legacy we leave to our children. 
What incredibly powerful words! All I could think was, yes! That's exactly it. I know that not everyone will agree with the decisions I make one day about how to fight my risk, but those choices are ultimately my choices, and I will make each choice with my children and my husband in mind.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs