The ups and downs of family vacay

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Today was awesome. We spent the day on the mountain with friends and family. And we all played hard. 

We took the gondola again (I think that makes the 3rd time now) up the Peak 8 in Breckenridge. 

At the top of the mountain, there is an awesome family fun thing. It's not an amusement park, so I don't know what to call it, but there are so many fun things to do. 

The very 1st thing we did, was ride the alpine slide again. The kids and the dads went up first. Tamara and I stayed down with Wyatt and grabbed a drink and waited for them to come down. 

Addy came down on her own. And the boys rode down with their daddies. 

Later Tamara and I took the boys up the lift to the slide again while Addy played mini golf with her uncle Brad. She says she beat him, and he didn't argue. {It would be epic if she really did.} He's only like the best youth golfer in the nation. He recently won the Wyndham Cup which is a tournament where they invite the top 16 juniors in the nation. He also committed to the University of Oklahoma when he was 12 years old. Just google him. He's awesome. Or you can read more about him here at

Not too soon after that, Brian had to take his dad and Brad back to the house. They were picking up my mother in law and then heading to Denver to fly Brad to the U.S. Amateur. 

So while Brian was gone, Tamara, Chad, and I hung with the kids. We grabbed some lunch and then the kids went to play mini golf again. 

Wyatt and I found a nice little patch of grass to hang out on. 

He was not too sure of the grass, but he eventually warmed up to it. 

This one is my favorite....

I snapped a few pictures of the ridicluous flowers all over this town. Flowers don't grow like this in Oklahoma. 

Here are Addy and Chad finishing their round of mini golf. (The boys never made it to the 18th hole. They were in the bounce house by this point.) The view is pretty awesome. 

These two have had so much fun together! 

Later everyone piled into the bounce house, and Addy decided she wanted to do the super bungee jump. 

We all had a ton of fun and possibly got a little too much sun. 

We headed home around 5:00 right as the rain started to fall. By the time we got home, everyone was beat. Troyce and Addy hopped into the hot tub. Luke decided he needed to rest in his mommy's bed for a while. (He is so exactly like me in needing some quiet time.) 

Brian, my dad, and Chad headed out to fish while it was lightly raining. I fed Wyatt and popped him in the bath while Tamara warmed up dinner for the big kids. 

And then Wyatt decided he did not want to sleep for the 2nd night in a row. We had a little battle of wills. And he won. 

I tried putting him in his crib.

He just thought that was funny. 

So I sent Brian I text telling him that little lovie was still awake, and I was just about done. 

This also happened. I swear he was happy. I don't let my babies cry. Just can't do it. His face just got stuck for a second and I happened to catch it on camera. 

Daddy came home from fishing after I sent him this one. 

Wyatt also had it out with Brian. Wyatt won again. He finally went to sleep around 9:00 after we pushed him around in the stroller for 20 minutes. (We started bedtime attempts at 6:30). 

Now the kiddos are finally asleep and we're sitting around the table telling stories. This part is good. The ups and downs of family vacay....totally worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs