New York City Day 4

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Since it's July now, and we went to New York City in May, I figured it was time, I brought all my re-caps to a close.

Our last day in New York City was spent trying to check everything we wanted to see and do off our list. We had not yet made it over to One World Trade Center, so we hopped on the subway and headed to the financial district.

We had to wait in line to get tickets to go into the memorial (which were free with a donation), and then we had to wait in line to actually get into the memorial. There were so many people going in and out of there.

The New World Trade Center (The Freedom Tower) is amazing. It towers above the other buildings, and for a sky scraper, it's really beautiful.


Once we were inside the memorial, I was shocked at the depth of the pools. It was breathtaking really. 







The museum isn't done yet, but Brian snapped this picture of the Freedom Tower in the reflection of the museum building.....Good shot, babe. 

After the memorial, we grabbed some lunch at Blue Planet Grill. It was delicious. I loved the fries. 

After lunch, we knew we wanted to hit up Serendipity. I mean, it's too iconic not to try. We met up with some Scentsy friends there and tried the infamous Frozen Hot Chocolate. And it lived up to it's fame. I ordered the Salted Caramel version, and let's just say that it's a good thing I don't live in NYC. I loved every last sip of it.



Soon after we left Serendipity, we had to catch a bus to head to the Yankees game. Scentsy took all of us to game, so we were all together. It was a lot of fun, and the stadium is really beautiful. 

I will say that I wish we would have just taken the subway. The bus they provided for us, took over an hour to get to Yankee Stadium. It would have taken us 20 minutes max on the subway...oh well. 

Oh, and these garlic fries.....sinful. Really, they were so bad that they were good in the worst kind of way.




And that was the last significant thing that happened on our New York City. I loved getting to see such an amazing city, but by the end of it, I was exhausted, and ready to see my babies. 

I was happy to be on my way home. 
Thank you Scentsy for yet another trip of a lifetime. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs