On the road....all night long

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

We might be crazy. We are driving from Oklahoma to Colorado all night long.



We've done this before and it went fairly well. Our kids were 2 and 4 at the time.



This time they're 6 and 4 and 9 months.



Pray for us.



But seriously I think it'll be good. I get a little anxious about driving all night with them, but I think we're well prepared, and it's easier than trying to make an 11 hour trek during the day when everyone is awake.




I'll let you know how it goes.



Brian got up really early this morning and then took a long nap this afternoon. I'm supposed to sleep on the road.



Sounds like a plan.



Speaking of a plan, sounds like you girls want to run in that hot mamas run?! Let's do it!



Some of you asked about the couch to 5k app. And yes, I do think it's the easiest way to start running if you've never been a runner.



Before I ran my 1st 5k and then eventually a half marathon, I hated running. I mean I seriously hated it. I would have rather given up my big toe then have to run. And that's a big sacrifice. I mean, how would you wear sandals? And I'm pretty sure I'd be completely unbalanced if I were missing a big toe.



So when I say that I hated it, I really did.



But then I started doing couch to 5k and signed up for my 1st 5k, and I slowly started to love running.



The great thing about couch to 5k is that it teaches you how to run. It allows for your body to get strong, rest, build endurance and then do it all over again.



So, yes, couch to 5k is the best way to get started.



Like I said last night, all you have to do is commit to 3 days a week for 30 minutes at a time. Do what the app says, and you'll see your ability increase.



Sounds like a plan to me.



Hoping our road trip plan goes well. I'll update more tomorrow.



From the car tonight......



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


2 comments:

  1. So glad to know the couch to 5k works, cuz that's what I uploaded on my phone. It is comforting to know that u used to hate running like I do now. Ha! I have some hope. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's susposedcto the a smiley face, not a frown. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs