Summer Awaits Us

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I hardly know what to do with myself. I forgot what it feels like to not have kids to get ready for school, but tonight, that's exactly where we find ourselves.....snuggled on the couch, catching up on our favorite TV shows, knowing that summer officially begins tomorrow for our sweet family.

Just as I yearn for the beginning of school and the routine and the schedules, I yearn for the end of it equally as much. I'm ready for lazy mornings, and even lazier afternoons. And I'm very much ready for the precious time that Brian and I will be able to spend with our kiddos. 

They have been so incredible through our foster care journey, rarely (if ever) complaining about having to share their house and their toys and their mommy and daddy. But with the babies still going to daycare and our only real job being to find a new house for our growing family and business, we'll have plenty of time to do all those fun and lazy summer things with our two kids, giving them some much needed time with mom and dad and each other. 

Sprinklers, pools, popsicles, and afternoon movies are all making my list of top summer to dos. The library, the children's museum, and lots of make shift arts and crafts projects will also join the list. We'll stay up late playing in the warm summer air until there isn't any light left. I'm absolutely sure of it, and I honestly can't wait for it. 

Oh, and what I'm most looking forward to? Watching my sister get married on the beach with my entire family. It's truly going to be incredible. I can't wait for my babies to see the ocean again. The thought of it brings tears to my eyes. The ocean is my God place. I cannot stand with my feet in the sand and deny Him and His glory. It is my reminder that we are so very very small in this great big world. 

What are you most looking forward to this summer? It's just around the corner you know? 

.....day 279 of a year of writing.....

1 comment:

  1. I think the ocean is Gods place. I love every year when we go the beach. All year you can't get me out of bed with a bulldozer. On vacation I am at the beach watching the sun rise and set. I feel closer to him there in all in all his glory...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs