Week 15, Day 7

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Well, apparently I fell asleep during the Thunder game, which sort of sets you up for how helpful/entertaining/inspirational this post will be. {Don't expect too much.}

I have been walking/jogging this week. I was originally trying to walk every single day, but I have realized that that is probably not a realistic expectation. So I decided five days a week would be a good goal to shoot for. 

All was well until I fell asleep during the game. I had intentions of walking at halftime, and that obviously didn't happen since I was knocked out on the couch. 

The past couple of days I have felt pregnant. Some of it's good....like feeling this baby move on a daily basis.....that's my favorite part of all of this. 

But some of that "feeling pregnant" is annoying. Like lately I have not been able to eat much at one setting, so I have basically been grazing. As a result, it feels like I never really eat a meal, but snack all day long.  I lose my breath really easily and get worn out way too quickly. I guess that all comes from carrying and growing a small human inside me. That's just part of the territory. 

All my pregnancies have really been great, but I can tell a difference in this one and the other two. I was 22 when I got pregnant with Addison and 23 when she was born. With Luke I was 24 when I found out I was pregnant and 25 when he was born. 

Now at 28, I feel older all of the sudden. I know I'm not that much older, but I just feel like this pregnancy is wearing me out a bit more. Granted, that could be the four children in my house, but who knows? 

Really, they aren't that hard to handle. They're busy and cause us to be busy, but I take that to be a good thing most of the time. 

But every once in a while, I just wear out and do something crazy, like fall asleep in the middle of a Thunder play-off game. 

I'm anxiously looking forward to finding out if there is a little boy or a little girl in there. I'm claiming it's a girl, and Brian is claiming it's a boy and Luke of course, says there is a big black baby girl in there. Ha! We'll find out at our ultrasound appointment at 19 weeks. 

Until then, I'm working on getting fatter everyday because that part is kind of fun. Tomorrow I will be 16 weeks pregnant. That means that tiny little baby will be roughly 4.6 inches (about the size of an avocado) and weigh about 3.5 oz. 

It's pretty incredible what the human body can do in such a short amount of time. 

With that being said (sorry to bore you with pregnancy details), I'm going to bed to work on growing a human. It's exhausting work. 

.....day 289 of a year of writing.....

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up! What an amazing journey you are on! So I get to blame you for Thunder Down cuz you fell asleep! So stay awake on Tuesday, will ya? HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! What an amazing journey you are on! So I get to blame you for Thunder Down cuz you fell asleep! So stay awake on Tuesday, will ya? HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opps! Hot send again. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs