Still Off and Dreaming

Saturday, May 5, 2012


I wish I could stay here for a couple of more days.

Unplugged and reconnected.

We're busy, but it's a different kind of busy. The kind of busy that rejuvenates your soul and reminds you of who you are. It's beautiful here.

We drove around a bit today looking at houses and wondering who the heck lives in them. Some of them can only be described as castles.

I've missed the babies, but honestly, just barely. I think of them every once in a while, but never do I wish they were here. Not because I don't love them, but because it would be literally impossible to have any inkling of rest if they were with us.

I am so incredibly grateful that we have people willing to care for them and love on them while we reconnect as a family.

There are things that I've noticed that have resulted from our foster care journey. One obvious thing is that my parenting skills are not as intentional as they used to be. When there are four babies around, I'm simply in survival mode all the time.

"Don't hit her. Don't bite him. Don't take that." You know? I'm not trying to make awesome parenting moves when it's all four of them. I'm simply trying to survive. I noticed it today when it was just me and my kiddos at the aquarium. Brian and his dad and uncle Kris (my sister's fiance) all went to the Thunder game, and the kids and I went to theof  aquarium.

When one of them got out my reach for a second or didn't do exactly what I asked, I immediately went into survival parenting. Not love and logic parenting or even smart parenting for that. I don't like that. I'll have to be more conscious of that.

I didn't realize that it had happened, but now I'm aware of it.

On another note, we're excited to try out a Southlake church tomorrow. We love pastor Robert Morris and have heard him preach at our church more than once, so that's where we're headed tomorrow. Gateway Church in Southlake.....we're going to give it a try. It'll be fun to try something new.

Hoping your weekend has been blessed, relaxing, and rejuvenating.


.....day 267 of a year of writing.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs