A New Space

Saturday, May 12, 2012


I was starting to feel like the walls were caving in around me. I promise I'm not being dramatic. It suddenly became too much.

We have too much stuff, and at times it feels like we're going to bust right through the walls of our house. If you've been to my house, you're probably thinking I'm crazy. I know it's a good size house. I'm not complaining about that. It's just that four kids, two adults, and a business trying to function in this space, is making me nutso.

Remember all that cleaning out I did before we got the babies? Well, it's a good thing, because now every space that I de-cluttered and cleaned out is now cluttered and full again. What do you do?

I only have one friend that I believe to be more organized than me. {Let me clarify. I am internally organized. My mind loves to organize. I love to physically organize, but there are times that my house may or may not represent that organization to the best of it's ability.} Hence, the walls exploding this week.

So anyway, like I was saying. I have a friend who is super-organized. She thinks like me when it comes to organization, and I needed her to come help me.

The biggest problem this week with the house was my Scentsy closet. With the launch of Velata, my one business storage space in the house was suddenly impossible to even walk into. We had boxes in our living room and dining room ,because I didn't have room in my Scentsy closet.

So I called in my friend Sarah who I knew could get me out of the funk of chaos.

She came over today and completely emptied and sorted everything in my Scentsy closet. It was amazing!

Then we went on a storage container hunt and found the perfect storage things at Bed Bath and Beyond in the bathroom storage area.

I wish I had before pictures for you, but just imagine that you couldn't see the floor and you couldn't walk into this closet.

And a day later......a new storage space!


So, keep in mind that this is a tiny space. It is the storage closet under our stairs, but it's all I've got. The metal storage tins you see on the bottom are what we found today at Bed Bath and Beyond. I'm going to get another set to go on the right. They are perfect for storing room sprays, hand sanitizers, and any and all Layers products. 


I used to have my Scentsy bars on both sides of the closet, but once Velata got here, I didn't want to store Velata next to Scentsy, so I moved all the bars to this side and still had room for bags. 


Chocolate and a few more bags. 


Empty shelves! I wish they would stay that way, but most of my warmers are packed up for a fundraiser I'm doing tomorrow at the Dancers Against Cancer show. It'll be fun, but I'm just hoping that everything fits back in there. 


Yeah for the floor! Oh how I missed you! And I still love that tissue paper holder that my fabulous hubby made me a while ago. It's perfect. 

Happy Friday! 

.....day 273 of a year of writing.....



1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the peg board and hooks to hang your Scentsy bars?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs