We're On a House Hunt

Thursday, May 3, 2012


We have spent the past couple of days looking at house after house after house online. It's exhausting. (I'm not complaining, really I'm not.) It's just that buying a house is one of the biggest commitments you can make.

We want a fifteen year note. And we plan on paying the house off before fifteen years. (Yes, we really, really, really want to be completely debt free.) So that goes into every decision we make.

We know that we won't have our office space for much longer (our lease is up in September), so we want a house that is big enough for us and our kids as well as guests (we always need room for my mom or my dad or Brian's family, or whoever else wants to come stay with us). And we need an office space.

I am currently working from the tiny desk built into our kitchen and storing all my Scentsy and Velata in a very small closet under our staircase. It's getting pretty cramped. I am looking forward to having my own office in our home again. It will be glorious!

So, we're basically looking for five bedrooms plus an office. We'd love a pool. Who wouldn't? And the kitchen is pretty important as is the living space (open floor plan, please). With that list, I feel pretty high maintenance, but at the same time, with as much as we entertain, I know space is essential to us. Between Bible study, life group, team meetings, and family gatherings, there is never a week that we aren't hosting something. It's a good thing one of my spiritual gifts is hospitality.

It's interesting when I look back at the house hunting we've done so far. The Lord has protected us from so many things. I love the way He has His hand in everything. He goes before us and knows what's best for us.

We've made two offers on two different houses in the past two months, and the Lord knew that neither of them would be right for us. Now, we're simply trusting that He would lead us exactly where we need to go and give us the confidence to go wherever He leads.

So just for fun, here's a few spaces that I like right now from a few of the houses we have on the list.

I love the thought of a big office. And this one has built-ins. Not too shabby. I would have to Scentsy it up in there, of course.


This pool is dreamy.

Check out the windows in this kitchen!

Precious little girl's room!

Thanks for dreaming a little with me! I guess we'll see what happens.

Back to the house hunting.

.....day 265 of a year of writing.....

1 comment:

  1. I love all those choices. A girl after my own heart on the kitchen one especially and I love the pool one too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs