Unglued

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oh the Lord is working on me. Let me tell you. 

We started this new study in my Tuesday morning group called Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst. And let me just willingly admit that I dug my heels into the ground and leaned back not wanting to do this study. And I think it's mostly because I know that change will be involved, and I don't want to have to change! 



And let me just tell you that I was absolutely right about change happening. After only 1 week of doing my homework, I can already see how challenging this is going to be as I let the Lord chisel me. 

Unglued is all about looking at all the ways we come unglued and getting to the root of why it happens. As Lysa says, it's not about perfection, it's about imperfect progress. And I love the thought of progress, and I love the truth that it will probably be imperfect. Amen. 

So that's all. I just wanted to say that I'm in it, and starting it, and living it, and making my attempt at imperfect progress, and I'm good with that. 

Praying that the Lord starts to chisel soon. 

I promise to review it when it's all said and done. We'll see how it goes. 

3 comments:

  1. I think this is just what I needed with my Unglued situation with our jobs. :) I am really trying to embrace this and it is a refreshing, re-newing but sometimes hard to understand change. But I think it was exactly what God needed to do (chisel at me) and leading us in another direction. I am actually loving this study, God is really speaking to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Frazzled Female study changed me, but this might be more appropriate for my here and now. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about digging heals in, I have perused this book at the library and the book store at least four times and each time I put it down thinking "I don't really want to get a good old fashion spanking right now thanks!" :-( Or "I am so flawed this study would only make me dislike myself more" Now you are talking about it on your blog and it suddenly dawned on me that satan is at war against me learning and growing from this book. And that is motivation right there....just thinking that satan is telling me not to do something and I have blindly/deafly listened....well it seems to me that I know what my next study will be :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs