A Beautiful Mess of a week ahead

Monday, June 3, 2013

The first official week of summer has left me exhausted. I usually end a weekend feeling refreshed, but this weekend, I'm writing from bed feeling worn out.

The past few weeks have been long and emotionally draining. It still feels like there is so much to do here in Oklahoma to help our communities that have been devastated by our recent tornadoes.

Sunday is usually a Sunday 7 day, where I plan out the week ahead with the desire to be intentional with my time and resources.

But there are good things that happened this week....so many good things.

My kids are loving their chore charts. They are working daily to earn stickers and come up with new ways they can help around the house.

I have snuggled, spoiled, and kissed all over my babies more than a normal week. There have been so many reminders of how precious life is.


We went to the library, made cookies, played at the park, went on walks, had sword fights, and made forts in the playroom. What could be better than that? Who cares if the laundry doesn't get folded? (I mean don't get me wrong, I would like for it to, but it doesn't really matter.)

We have made messes and made fun, and I hope it continues all summer long.

Longer days have meant later nights at our house as we enjoy our first spring in our new surroundings. And every late night is worth the fun. With over a hundred trees, a creek, and lots of wildlife, we have had plenty to explore around here.

All that being said, I want to give a little disclaimer on the idea behind the Sunday 7.

The Sunday 7 is not meant to discourage you or make you feel like a failure when you don't make all of it happen. I never get every single thing on my Sunday 7 list done.

What the Sunday 7 is meant to do is remind you of your values and the things that are most important to you. It is not meant to make your life perfect or make everything work. It's meant to help you find more balance and peace by identifying and remembering what really is important in your life.

There is never a Sunday when I look back at my past Sunday 7 list and check off every single thing.

It's more about putting the things that matter to you in front of you as a constant reminder every week.

So this week, when you plan out your Sunday 7, remember that you're not working towards perfection. You're working towards a beautiful mess while putting the things that mean the most to you at the forefront of your mind.

Here's my Sunday 7. Happy Sunday....(really Monday now!) It's a beautiful mess, and I love it.


The Sunday 7

  1. Faith: in the Bible everyday
  2. Family: dinner at the table 5x this week, reading with the babes everyday!
  3. Friends/Relationships: Check on all my friends with new babies (there are so many of them! Don't drink the water!) 
  4. Work: Get the Summer Survival Video Series done and ready to post! Yeah! 
  5. Health and Fitness: Run 2x this week, workout at Barre3 2x this week, drink lots of water!
  6. Money Management: Set up budget for June and pay bills
  7. Downtime: Read! Finish at least 1 book this week 



Here's my little reminder of why I make the Sunday 7 a priority. My littles have to be at the top of the list.

Wishing you a week full of beautiful messes.



1 comment:

  1. Love this - and love the reminder that we don't need to be perfect!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs