When your mind gets in the way of your best intentions

Friday, April 8, 2011

 So today, so far, has been one of those days. I day where my mind has been overwhelmed with the uncertainties of life. Things that don't really matter and that aren't worth the worry but that I let overcome me occasionally.

I set out to run 7 miles this morning and could barely go 3. I've run 5 miles for two days in a row and felt great both times. But today my mind wouldn't let go. I couldn't find freedom on the road like I usually do.

I'm overwhelmed with the thought of our taxes. We understand that we're going to owe a lot of money to the IRS, and we're okay with that. We've given when God has prompted us to give and we've done so generously, so I know that it will all work out, but I still find it all over my mind. And it makes me mad. I don't think taxes are worth the worry. I know the devil is creating doubt in my mind.

Then I found out today that one of my dear friends may be having her 2nd NKH baby. (for more information on NKH go to http://www.nkh-network.org/) The family that has brought me to a place of understanding and faith in God, now faces the uncertain diagnosis of the possibility of 2 NKH babies. All I could do was fall to my knees.

I know our God is good. I know that He can do what He says He can do. And I know that I will not fully understand until I see His face. I look at Him through the eyes of a child, often with confusion, sometimes with anger, but always with Love.

And today the only thing I know to do is pray. To seek Him. To lift to Him the things that really matter like healthy babies.

What a swift awakening to the things that really don't deserve the worry of my mind. I am making the rest of my day one full of pray that will be lead by my heart, not by my stupid head. I refuse to let the devil rein there. I refuse to allow Him in to fill my mind with insignificant matters of this world.

I refuse to let my mind get in the way of my best intentions. I will set my focus on the things that matter. On the love of a savior who lived for us, no matter how much we will never deserve His grace, we have it.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Allison,
    My name is Maria (Scentsy girl in Texas)~~anyway
    I totally understand. My husband is out of the country, we just sold our house and bought a new one. I am soooo overwhelmed that I had a panic attack a few days ago. i usually have them when I am totally stressed (three in my life). I just start praying and it seems to work. Just wanted you to know that WE are on the same boat(taxes thing) and we just have to believe and have faith it ALL works out. Our sweet Jesus has never left us WHY???would he now??XOXO
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs