Planning Easter Activities

Saturday, April 16, 2011

So this year I decided to host a family Easter egg hunt at our house on the Saturday before Easter. Since Easter is like the Super Bowl for churches, we will be serving at church most of the day on Sunday, so we decided we should have a fun family day on Saturday.

With our family, things never seem simple. Planning any event with family can become overwhelming, but the memories and fun you get from getting everyone together are so worth it!

I'm considering finding the time to do some fun, crafty decorations. Some of the ideas I found below are fun things that Addy and I could do together. She is definitely my arts and crafts girl, and she would LOVE to help! Here are just a few ideas I found online that we might have some fun with this week. I promise to post pics of whatever decorations we come up with.






I originally thought we would bring in Mexican food to keep things simple, but then I found a super easy complete crock pot menu online. You can check it out at http://busycooks.about.com/od/easter/a/allinthecrockpoteasterdinner.htm There are a total of 5 dishes that can all be prepared in the crock pot.

The menu includes: 
I LOVE crock pot meals for numerous reasons. 
1. My kitchen will not be 100 degrees because the oven has been on. 
2. I won't be running around like a crazy person trying to finish lunch because everything is pre-made in the crock pot. 
3. Everything will stay warm no matter how many times the kids want us to re-hide the eggs. 
Plus, if you are planning a Sunday meal after church, crock pot meals can be the perfect solution. Lunch is ready when you get home! 

Our Saturday Easter lunch will also include at least one Easter egg hunt for the kids, and an egg decorating station where everyone can decorate their own Easter eggs to take home with them. Who knows? Maybe we'll have a prize for the prettiest egg. 

Hopefully you're planning your own family Easter fun. Just make sure you remember that our risen savior is the reason we celebrate. 
He isn't here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying. Matthew 28:6 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs