That's My King...

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Everything in me wanted to post pictures from our Easter fun tonight, but after an amazing night at church, I can't help but think a day like today deserves more than just pictures.

All I can think about tonight is my king, and what He he did for us more than 2,000 years ago. This year, more than ever before, I am moved by every mention of Jesus. I'm moved by His mercy, His grace, His perfectness in a sin filled world.

And I am truly in awe of the way that He works. No, I don't completely understand Him, and I won't until the day I see His face.

But I see Him work over and over again in our lives, doing only things that He can do in ways only He can do them. And my prayer tonight, is that you come to know Him more than just casually. I knew Him casually for far too long.

I really wanted to be on fire for God. I wanted to have passion flowing out of me. I wanted to be plugged in and a part of all He was doing, but I don't think I was willing to believe Him. I don't think I knew how to believe Him. And more than anything, I think I was scared.

What if I really got to know Him, and He wasn't who I thought He was going to be? What if He didn't hold all the answers? What if I got to know Him, and I was still full of fear and doubt? Then what?

I don't know how I feel so in love. I don't know when I went head over heels. I prayed for it for a long time, and finally I feel. I feel in love with the one who saved me, with the one who died for me, with the one who wants nothing more from me than for me to believe by faith that He is God. I got rid of my selfish pride, and let His righteousness reign over me.

And you can too. You can love Him the way you've always wanted to. You can serve Him and His people the way He asks us to. You can be all He created you to be.....and all you have to do is know Him.

Take 3 minutes. Watch this video. May it shake you. May you see the true King of Kings through the words of the late Dr. S.M. Lockridge. It gives me chills.

And if you're not planning on attending church tomorrow, I encourage you to check out church online. You don't have to leave the comfort of your home. You can hear the gospel, and be moved by the truth. Join us LIVE online for over 60 live services in the next week. Go to http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch

May peace the peace of knowing Him fill you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs