The Organizer in Me

Wednesday, August 17, 2011


When you have more than one thing on your plate, some form of organization becomes necessary. I was working via about 15 file folders until I recently walked in an Office Depot. Oh, how I forgot how much I love this place!

And suddenly, as I stood in front of hundreds of 3 ring binders, my high school organization style came flooding back to me.


How could I have possibly forgotten about 3 ring binders with tabs?! It was how I survived high school and college. How could I have gone away from it?

I know for a fact that I have a library of 3 ring binders from high school, college, and my English teaching days in the attic just waiting for someone to check them out.

While standing in front of an endless array of options, I decided to purchase 3 notebooks....all 3 ring binders....all with folders with customizable tabs. If the things that get me excited are scaring you, I'm really sorry.

But the more I think about these things, the more I love them! The opportunities are endless!
Here are just a few ideas of what you can do with a 3 ring binder:



  • Recipe book! If you don't already have a place you keep recipes, there is no place better than a 3 ring binder! You can add clippings from magazines, index cards, etc. You can categorize recipes with tabs (of course!) and if you upgrade to tabs with folders, you have a place to stick everything until you have time to punch holes in it! 



  • Budget Plan: Yep, that's right...no better place than a 3 ring binder. You can keep bills, monthly budget plans, savings plans, etc. 


  • Coupons! I know there are some of you who are way into the couponing thing. Are you still trying to keep your coupons in an accordion file? May I suggest a 3 ring binder? 

  • Kid's Art and School papers: I used a pink binder for everything Addison brought home last year. Everything goes into a page protector, and it's not all over my counter tops. 

  • Life! Yes, basically my life is organized into 3 different binders. I have a household binder, a Scentsy binder, and a Bible Study binder. They each have various sections just waiting to be filled to the brim. 


There you have it. A few ideas of what you can organize with a 3 ring binder. I know there are a million other ideas, but those are my favorites! 

When I found out that Beth Moore also loves notebooks, I couldn't help but post this precious video. I am so glad that I am not the only crazy person with a minor obsession. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs