I'm Done...

Wednesday, August 31, 2011


Really, I'm done.

You know how as a woman you often overcommit, over schedule, and completely over do it?

Well that's where I am tonight.

Like the flood gates could open at any point.

This is going to help...


For the record, it's a brownie with a cookie inside it topped with icing and another cookie. Because sometimes you need serious help, you know what I'm saying?

I honestly don't think that there is anything I need to "let go of" exactly. It's more about how I'm not giving myself time off.

I really cannot remember the last day I took off.

Part of the problem is that most of the things I do on a day to day basis, I love doing. I don't see any of it as work.

But I know the Lord is convicting me right now! I listened to a Joyce Meyer podcast this morning about taking care of yourself and making sure you have downtime (which I currently do not have).

This is not a plan that includes even an instant of downtime!


So I guess it's about time that I start planning my downtime. (You know I have to plan it. It won't just happen.)

We are commanded to rest. Scripture is filled with examples that tell us to recharge.

Hebrews 4:9-11 says
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.

Mark 6:31 tells the story of Jesus preaching to over 5,000 people. The apostles were with Him, and he said to them,
“Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat

And Psalms 127:2 tells us
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.

I'm waving the flag of surrender. I've officially over done it. I'm promising to rest. 

And I'm curious....are you feeling rested? Or are you feeling overwhelmed? Chances are with school starting and kids going from here to there and back again, you too may be feeling like you're done. 

Take a break. Rest. And I promise to do the same. 

And what the heck, have a brownie with a cookie inside it. That'll make you feel good too (but maybe for only about 5 minutes...then you'll just feel guilty).

.....Day 19 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs