Back to Routine

Monday, August 29, 2011


As I sit down to write a post about routine, I think the kids and I have been about as far as you can get from routine today.

I just took a shower (at 4:30 in the afternoon), my little man has had his shower for the evening already (with me, no doubt), and Addison is currently napping after having been at school all day, and it's 5:23 p.m. I'm guessing 8:00 p.m. bedtime will not be easy.

So with all that in mind, I am dying for routine!

Addison just went back to school last Thursday, so we are slowly settling back into the routine.

However, slipping back into routine is not exactly as easy as it sounds, but I do have the best of intentions, I can tell you that for sure!

I will say that I have dinner planned (and shopped for!) for the entire week. I have three runs on my schedule for the week (go ahead, ask me when the last time I ran was....it's been light-years).

Oh, and I'm starting a new small group tomorrow. I also plan on dating my husband again and reading my Bible every morning for at least 30 minutes. I'm now the Women's Life Group Coordinator at Life Church in Yukon. I run an organization with thousands of consultants and over a million dollars in wholesale every month. And I can't forget, I decided to challenge myself to write every day for a year, so I think if I want all that to work out, I am definitely going to need some routine.

But how do you get back into it?

I know that the start of school helps, but it isn't getting me to bed earlier. (I am really the worst about that.)

So I guess this post is turning into me thinking on paper. I guess what it really boils down to is that I need a plan.



So here it is:

To Bed: Earlier (11:00 p.m. at the latest)
Wake up: Earlier (6:30 a.m at the latest)
Run: 3 days a week
Read my Bible: Daily
Date my hubby: 2x a month

Look at that. I feel better already.

What about you? What's your "Back to Routine" plan?


.....Day 17 of a year of writing......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs