Make Up Your Mind

Friday, May 27, 2011

So there are things that I have been thinking I need to and should do for a while now, but I keep putting them off.

One of them is going to bed earlier and waking up earlier. Last night I watched an hour of a real estate show on TV, and I was really mad at myself and extremely irritated that I had gained nothing from the past hour except a bad attitude. I'm to the point where I really don't think we need cable. All we need around here is sports channels, and we'll be good. When I watch TV, I don't feel relaxed or calm, I feel wasteful. The funny thing is, I really don't watch much TV at all, but the fact that I knew I was wasting time last night just drove me crazy.

And let's not even get started on the morning. I want to be a morning person, really, I do. But I am so far from it (part of the problem is that I stay up too late). I know in my soul (it's like my soul yearns for it) that I should be getting up every morning before the house begins to move with the sounds of children, and reading scripture and running. I want to do it. Really. I just haven't yet.

In the past 3 weeks, I have completely fallen out of the habit of running (and I miss it like crazy!), but I have no motivation. That's probably because exercising regularly is not an easy thing to do, but anything easy really isn't worth doing anyway. It's the hard things that pay off.



I realized the biggest problem with all these things that I "want to do" is that I just haven't made my mind up to do them. I know that I have self-discipline, I just have to choose to embrace it and use it.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

So today, I am finally making up my mind to do the things that I want to do. That means:

  • I'm going to bed by 11:00 pm on weeknights.
  • I'm waking up no later than 7:00 am on week days.

  • I'm going to run 3 mornings a week (I cringe even writing it, but I'm making up my mind).
  • I'm going to read scripture and seek God every morning while the house is still quiet. 

So there you have it. I've made up my mind, and I wrote it for all of you to see. Now, the question is...

What do you need to make up your mind about? 

Stop saying you're going to do it or that you want to do it, and just do. Make up your mind today!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this is sooo true!!! We just got rid of our cable, well months ago and I'm sooo happy! We are saving money and it really helps our family time;)))

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs