Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails...That's What Little Boys Are Made of

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Today was my sister-in-law's baby shower. Since she's having my 1st nephew, we wanted to give him the best baby boy shower ever. So went went with everything that little boys are made of for our theme...frogs, snails, and puppy dog tails!

I found some great ideas online, and ended up buying the template for the paper goods on etsy. Check out the cute blog where I found the original idea for our shower by clicking here.

So here we go....get ready for the pics.


My hubby made this super cute stand for our "dirt" cupcakes made by my fabulous sister. They were delicious and ridiculously cute.




I borrowed these tin tiered stands from my sister, and they looked perfect with cupcakes on them! 


For height and even more of an outdoor "pond" type look, I took 3 glass jars of various sizes and filled them with different stems. I placed them on a bamboo platter that I use for fruit and filled that with green moss. It's still on my table I love it so much! 



We found these cute metal napkin and utensil holders at target. The inside was hot pink, so we covered it with the fabric we used for the party favors and added some twine. 



Fresh flowers and a metal bucket full of punch...my sister-in-law, Kristi, picked up some burlap to put under the punch and cute rubber ducks to float on top.  



Guests were welcomed with this fun, pond looking arrangement and clothespins to attach a card to the gifts they brought. We had everyone bring unwrapped gifts and a card instead of a book. 



And the diaper cake! It turned out really cute. I used bigger diapers (sizes 2 and 3) so she can keep it around for a little while. I wrapped 2 of the layers in left over fabric from the party favors; the 2nd layer was a boppy cover, and the top layer was a receiving blanket. Add a couple daisies, wooden puppy dogs, and Ribbert on the top, and that is one cute diaper cake. Oh, and I can't forget the initials! I wish I could take credit for those, but my husband actually worked on covering the letters last night in that cute giraffe paper to make the cake personalized for baby Jaxson Roy. 


A few gifts before we even got started. She was definitely spoiled today. Jacquelyn is well loved.


Party favors....cute and delicious. 




There is a picture with the ducks actually floating on top. They didn't really want to float. 


There's the beautiful mom to be. 

A glimpse of the frog, snails, and puppy dog cookies. They were cute and yummy! A huge hit!







 The party picking up speed. 




 Soon to be aunts, Kristi and Kathleen.

More diaper cake pictures just because it's cute and because my pictures are not great. Hopefully with various shots, you get the idea. 




 Custom art made by my sister to match Jaxson's bedding.She's very talented. 


More  gifts on the display table. 



The cookies! I should have gotten a closer shot. Maybe all this blogging with help me take better pictures. We'll see. 

 Just remember...all little boys are made of frogs, snails, and puppy dog tails.


2 comments:

  1. Cute! Awesome decorators in the family! Thanks for sharing! Wish I could be there to try some cookies! Hugs Luv, Cuz Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute party!!! Jaxson is my daughter Arly's middle name! spelled the same way! yay!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs