Previvors

Friday, August 29, 2014

It's been quite the 24 hours. I'm still processing yesterday's phone call. It's not the best news I've ever had, but not the worst either.

My mind usually runs a million times a minute, and today it has literally felt empty. It's a strange feeling. Almost numb. 

Brian has been incredible.....wanting to tend to my every need and feeling. I think he's been waiting for me to break down. I haven't yet, but maybe I will soon. I don't really know what to feel. Maybe that's why I feel numb.

My family is here this weekend. My mom, my dad, my sister and brother-in-law all gathered around our dining room table tonight to eat and laugh and play and celebrate, and that's a good feeling.

Luckily, I'm not the first person to face this hurdle, and have had many people step forward with encouragement and an ear to listen. For that, I am grateful.

There is also research and books and options. I've already bought several books, including Previvors. 

 
So while there is a lot to process and think and pray about, I'm grateful to those who have gone before me. Here's to another adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs