Lately.....

Sunday, November 17, 2013

It's been quiet around here. Not quiet, like not busy, but quiet like still. And still feels good. 

I had the hardest time walking away from social media. I'll just be honest about it. I felt like I was missing out on something....like my friend Jari said, I felt like "everyone was at a party and we weren't invited." If it weren't for Jari, I would not have lasted this long. She is on this "no social media" journey with me, and I'm very grateful for her. 

I have learned a few things in the quiet. I have my own opinions. I'm not easily swayed or disturbed by others. No matter how much I tried to shield myself from the newsfeed, somehow I would end up there, and everything that I read got into my head whether I wanted it to or not. I just wasn't okay with that anymore. 

But this quiet time has also been good for my business. I hesitated leaving social media because of my business. Amazingly, I call people now. I have people over. I have real conversations, and I no longer feel like I'm missing out on anything. {That's not to say I'll never come back...it's free advertising, really.} But right now, I'm good being away from it all. 

I'm re-thinking a lot of things. What do I want my team culture to look like? How do I want us to communicate. This social media absence is making me challenge everything I've done for a long time, and that's a really good thing. 

I'm also all mixed up in attempting to decorate for Christmas. 

I think I should warn you that I am a bit of an over-the-top kind of Christmas decorating person. There will be many, many, many pictures right here soon. 

The crazy thing about a Scentsy fanatic decorating for Christmas is that I now have more holiday warmers than I have places for in my house. Seriously, it's an issue. I have one on my front porch people. And my friends make fun of me. And I don't care. 

I started the Christmas decorating frenzy by making a giant list of all the Christmas warmers I have and then attempting to figure out where they would all go. Every single regular warmer in my house gets replaced with a holiday warmer. How fun is that?! (Or crazy....whichever....just keep your opinions to yourself.)


A couple years ago, I begged my mom to give me her snow village, and she did. Now that I have kids of my own, it's one of our favorite holiday decorations. There is just something about having a tiny village in your house that screams Christmas. Am I right? 

So this month's warmer of the month is this awesome Christmas tree. It is awesome, but I honestly had no idea where I was going to put it....that is until my brilliant creative mind starting rolling (please insert sarcasm). Ha! 

The Christmas tree found the perfect home in the middle of our snow village. Yep. It's awesome. 

(I also just realized there is a very small chipmunk in the bottom corner of the snow village. I hope he's okay. He's looking a little under the weather.)



Here's a little sneak peek at the work I've done this weekend which isn't much. I had 2 Scentsy Family parties yesterday! 

 Above is the buffet (aka an old dresser that we bought in the scratch and dent section of our local furniture store years ago) in our dining room.


The entry way....that warmer will soon be replaced with December's warmer of the month. It will be perfect here! 

We also got new furniture this week. We have had the same couches since we bought our 1st house almost 10 years ago. We paid $1,000 for 4 pieces of furniture. I would definitely say we got our money of it. 

It was time for new, grown-up furniture. We looked last year when we first moved into our house and just couldn't decide on anything. I was determined this time. 

And we love what we found. 

Here's the room empty after they moved the 10 year old couches to the playroom. 

Wyatt testing out the springs on the new giant couch. 

And there she is folks. I think we should name her, I love her that much. 



On a completely separate note, I have been reminded the past few days how lost I feel when I don't write everyday. I've been toying with the idea of not doing it regularly anymore. But I love it here. I mostly love having our lives recorded. Since I can remember absolutely nothing, I let the words here do all the remembering, and it works. 

I have so much to catch you up on! Seriously! 

Just a reminder that you still have time to adopt an individual or a family for our Hope Link Christmas adoption. You can read all about it here. It is my favorite thing about Christmas. We have had so many people come forward and adopt entire families with their co-workers, family, teams, etc. It's been a joy to share with all of you! Thank you for your generosity. 

We are also gearing up for a HUGE Holiday Open House on Saturday. The proceeds will benefit Hope Link, and we have over 15 vendors joining us. Plus, there will be hot cocoa and apple cider and Christmas cookies! You have to come over! Save the date for Saturday, November 23rd and check back here tomorrow for all the details. 

Hope you had a great week. I can't wait to see what next week holds! 




Happy Sunday. 

1 comment:

  1. OH GIRL! You have to keep writing (I say in my pretty pretty please voice!) If I don't have social media to keep up on, at least I still have blogs! This is one of the favorite things about my evening... catching up on friends who do blog (I wish more did!)
    As for next Saturday, if I could, I would be there in a heartbeat! Have a blast at your open house and I think you're right... it's time to get out the CHEERY Christmas goodies!
    XOXO.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs