Hope for the Holidays

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

There are dozens of them. Dozens of families a part of an incredible community, raising children with rare, serious, or undiagnosed disorders. Most people pray for happy, healthy children. Not everyone gets the healthy part. Thus, life is different for these families. 

Incredible, inspiring, humbling....just a few words to describe our Hope Link families. They are a part of a community that no one necessarily desires to be apart of, but they are a part of it. It is the most beautiful community I have ever laid eyes on, and I am honored to have seen small, intimate glimpses of it. 

Sometimes I feel like I'll never be able to do enough. I'll never be able to help enough, serve enough, give enough to this amazing community. And other times I know that anything and everything helps. 

This weekend we are hosting a giant, multi-vendor, Hope Link fundraiser at our home. Over 15 vendors, Christmas music, cider, hot cocoa, Christmas cookies and a warm cozy fire...plus, each vendor has generously donated a door prize. 

Hope Link will be here with information about their incredible organization with a prayer bowl for you to pick a name of a Hope Link child to pray for over the coming weeks. 

I hope you can join us. If you live in the Oklahoma City area, we would love for you to join us. Saturday, November 23rd 10am-3pm. For more information, contact me directly via email at allisondalke@gmail.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs