Things I LOVE! Planning, planning, and more planning!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

 So I am a complete nerd! You know this by now, but I am a complete planner! I thrive on a schedule. I have always been a person with a To-Do list. I find great satisfaction in marking something off my list.

I think this insane list making dates back to junior high and high school when we were forced to carry a planner around as part of our grade. Most kids hated it! I loved it!

So as imagined, I have been through numerous planners and planning systems. About a year ago I found a great app for my phone called Pocket Informant. It is a million times better than the calendar that comes on the iphone.

It allows you to create a To-Do list and check things off. You can add alarms and even repeat events either weekly, every other week, every Monday, etc. The things you don't get accomplished in a day automatically roll over to your To-Do list for the next day. Plus you can carry it with you everywhere, and it syncs with Google calendar and other platforms.


 Even talking about it makes me love it! I used Pocket Informant for about a year, but there was a huge part of me that missed my paper planner! I just can't help it! But if you're into a calendar on your phone, this one is the best! It's available for the iphone, ipad, blackberry, and android. For more info and to see screen shots, go to http://www.pocketinformant.com/index.php#

So I have reverted back to a paper planner. But I have strict regulations on how I need it to function and how I want it laid out. I have tried a million paper planners! I think I have about 15 in my closet. Not even joking!

Here are my criteria: weekly layout, 2 sections on each day (to do and appointments), and tabbed monthly calendar pages. Oh and it has to fit in my purse and lay flat when open.

I know that doesn't sound like it would be too hard to find, but it is! Right now the planner I'm carrying around is a combination of 2 planners that I found and put together. It's pretty ghetto actually. There are about a million staples in the thing holding it together.

But I am excited to announce that my perfect planner is on it's way! I like 3 ring planners and always have, but I don't like the zipper that you find around most of them. I know, I'm way too picky. But the zipper reminds me of trapper keepers from junior high, and let's be honest, no one wants to be reminded of junior high.

On the Franklin Covey website, I found the perfect planner! http://store.franklinplanner.com/store/index.jsp?





Look at it! Isn't it great! No zipper. It will lay flat, and it's leather! Oh, and mine is black leather! I love it,  and can't wait to see it!
Plus, it has all these great places to put stuff! So excited!

Okay, I warned you that I'm a total nerd so don't judge me now! Plus, with a 3 ring planner, you can find the pages that are just right for you, whether you want a daily, weekly, or monthly planner, you can find it.
Just thought I'd share my craziness with planners with you. Sorry to bore you to death, but maybe you have better insight into why I'm so crazy now ;)



2 comments:

  1. Pocket Informant is the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I like this post! ;) Thank you for introducing me to Pocket Informant. We are currently celebrating 8 months of blissful organization!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs